We have updated our parish website! This new site has an updated look, is more intuitive for users, has more relevant information for parishioners and visitors, and in the future will provide more pictures of our beautiful church and parish life. We hope you will find the information useful and be able to find up to date information on the life of our parish.
Please note that to fully pull in the new design files, you may need to clear your browser cache.
There’s a saying that all Catholics have a “coming home story” – recalling a time in our lives when the rigors of the world caused our spiritual life to stall out in a kind of “arrested development”, which sometimes lasts for years! It often takes a time of great suffering or an experience of great love to move us to change.
Many of us go to a gym to get our bodies back into shape. We purchase memberships and we add workout routines to our schedules because we know that we need that exercise to keep our muscles growing. Spiritual fitness, like physical fitness, requires some form of ongoing routine to renew our faith and keep growing.
We have just the gift for you to keep building your spiritual muscles. It’s a membership that’s open 24/7 on your home computer or mobile device. Really! St. John Neumann Parish has purchased a membership for every one of our registered households to help us pump up our relationships with The Lord!
- Symbolon is a beautiful, high definition video series of the Word of God and the Catholic Faith. Available 24/7 in your home on your own PC, you can select from many 10-20 minute topics about living your life with Jesus in today's world and building up your relationship with Christ!
- You get a video for every Sunday of the year with the scriptures discussed and insights shared. View them to prepare for the next Sunday Mass or to review past readings.
- Use Symbolon for your own private work out, and to help build up family and friends!
- Also available in a downloadable app that can be used on your mobile device. Here is the link for the app: http://www.symbolonrcia.org/otw
- Go to the website: www.symbolonrcia.org
- Enter username: stjohnneumann and password: irvine
As you continue to grow, SJN has many resources to help you along your path. Contact John Gremer at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Erdag at email@example.com for more information.
Below are the current staff positions available at our parish:
Accountant/Bookkeeper-St. John Neumann Church, Irvine, CA
St. John Neumann Church is seeking a part time, non exempt Accountant/ Bookkeeper. This position is responsible for the day to day fiscal and operational services. Maintains the financial bookkeeping system including accounts payable, payroll and cash receipts. Reconciles bank statements and prepares financial statements. Oversees and prepares the budget. Requirements: College degree in accounting/finance or equivalent, Three years minimum work experience, Proficient in Quickbooks and general ledger accounting. Twenty to twenty-five hours a week. Interested applicants, submit a cover letter and resume to Jocelyn Lacson, Office Manager. Email address: Jocelyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Supervisor-St. John Neumann Church, Irvine, CA
St. John Neumann Church is seeking a full time Facilities Supervisor. Duties include managing the day to day operations of the church facilities, supervising the maintenance and cleaning of the facilities, and providing assistance to the Facilities Director. Requirements: High School Diploma, Three years supervisory experience, Working knowledge in electrical, plumbing, heating/airconditioning, carpentry and sanitation. On-call availability for emergencies. Thirty-five to forty hours a week. Work week from Thursday through Monday. Benefits included. Interested applicants, submit a cover letter and resume to John White, Facilities Director. Email address: johnwhite@sjnirvine.
Please note that there will not be a Filipino Bilingual Mass for the months of July and August. If you have any questions, please contact:
Sarah DeLa Cruz @ 949-468-9847.
March 1 marks the kick off of the annual Pastoral Services Appeal program. You’ll be given an opportunity at Mass to complete your annual commitment cards. Thank you for your continued support to this program. Together with the Diocese, we will continue to build God’s Kingdom here at home and throughout Orange County....more
Time: 9:30am - 11:30am
Location: SJN Classroom 5
Group: Adult Faith Formation
Download: Download Event Flyer
Starting Tuesdays, July 8 trough Aug. 26 we will be meeting to discuss the book Out of The Shalt Shaker and into the World
by Rebecca Pippert. Through stories, biblical insight and plain communion sense, Pippert helps us feel relaxed and enthusiastic about sharing our faith. Come join us this summer Time 9:15 to 11 AM in Room 2 (Across from the Library).
For Questions contact Mary Anne Greco email@example.com or 949-981-0918
Time: 7:00AM to 8:00PM
Location: Conlon Hall
Group: Health Ministry
Pope John Paul II said.."..to give one's blood voluntarily and for free is a gesture of high moral and civic value. May donors, who deserve everyone's gratitude, be present in all parts of the world." There is a personal satisfaction in giving one's blood to help others. Although they deserve gratitude, I think that our donors at SJN do not expect, or probably even consider that they will receive any notice for what they are doing. They know that they are saving lives, that they are helping others and that is enough. You have an opportunity to experience this feeling of Christian generosity on our Blood Drive date. Questions? Please contact Kathy Caporicci 949-857-5090.
It’s that time again!!
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FOR THE NEW TERM BEGINS ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2014.
There is no pre-registration! This means that the first day you can register for the new term is September 1, 2014 or after.
1. All of your members who are currently enrolled in the Ralphs Community Contribution Program will remain active until August 31, 2014.
2. Participants will be required to register or re-register for the new term at www.ralphs.com or by using the scanbar letter at the register starting September 1, 2014.
3. There are two ways to enroll:
a. Online registration (see instructions below)
b. Scan-Bar letter
4. If you received a scan-bar letter last year, it is still good and can be used this year. If you would like to receive a scan-bar letter, please respond to this email and one will be mailed to you.
5. Even if your participants registered as recently as June, July or August 2014, they will be required to register again, on or after September 1, 2014.
6. Your organization does NOT need to re-register, only your participants.
7. This notice does not apply to participants of the Food 4 Less/Foods Co Community Rewards program.
Ralph’s Rewards Program Linked to St. John Neumann
Now it is easier than ever for you to help fund the charities of St. John Neumann parish. For every dollar that you spend at Ralph’s grocery store using your Ralph’s Rewards card, St. John Neumann has the potential of receiving 1 - 4% depending on the total amount of your bill.
All you have to do is register your Ralph’s Rewards card to St. John Neumann’s account. It’s simple and easy. There are two ways to do it:
1) You may print out a page with a bar code (click here), take it to a Ralph's store and have the bar code scanned along with the bar code on your Ralph's Reward card.
2) You may follow the directions below.
Please note, you will continue to build your own rewards points just as you do today. The contributions to St. John Neumann do not affect your own points.
DIRECTIONS TO LINK YOUR RALPH'S REWARD CARD TO ST. JOHN NEUMANN:
Go online to http://www.ralphs.com
1. From the tabs across the top, click on SERVICES and choose “Community Contribution” from the drop-down menu.
2. There is an “ENROLL” button near the bottom of the page. Click on it.
3. Create your own password by selecting the “Sign up today” near the bottom on the right and follow the instructions. You will need the number on your Ralph’s Rewards Card.
4. At the end of the enrollment process, Ralphs will immediately send you an email with a link to activate your account. In your email, click on the link. This takes you to a page to log in for the first time. Log in.
5. At the bottom of the page there is a link to “Edit Your Community Contribution Program Information”. Click on this link.
6. Enter St. John Neumann’s organization account number: 92011 and click the “Search” button.
St. John Neumann’s name will appear with a radial button in front of it. Click on the radial button and save your update.